Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's a 10!

Ten! Not in the Bo Derek sense mind you (do people still know who she is or was?) but 10!!!!

We had a great game of 5 on 5 yesterday with two fairly evenly paired teams in beautiful sunshine and in the upper 50’s. Even missing many of the “regulars” the Buzzards managed to round up a great game of …well mostly regulars…which makes me ask…hmmmm, if all the regulars came out how many would we have?

Scott, perhaps the newest addition to “regular” status found that when you play with Todd, you get rewarded for all your running and cutting generally and found himself on the receiving end of many a score yesterday for the green team. It was nice to have Eric & CAPTK back out with us. Both are very good handlers who will get you a throw if you will get open.

Jason found himself out for a 2nd day in a row (separated by a weekend but 2 in a row none the less). When was the last time you were able to swing that? He must have felt buoyed by the fact that he made some of the few good throws for our team last Friday.

Rodney & I played a little game of bump & run yesterday with some friendly contact in this non-contact sport. But with two old and slow guys, bump & run is not usually that dangerous.

Two of my favorite plays from yesterday…who threw that disc half way down field that bounced off Frank’s chest? Hey, flatten that thing out some! Also, I may have found the key to slowing down Todd…when you’re running down the field with him, step on the back of his cleats (you know the old flat tire trick from middle school?). I managed to de-cleat him wrestle the disc away and make a throw to the end zone. I don’t often get that chance is why I’m going on about it.

Hey Tom! Quick…how many pivot feet do you get? :)

On the way back in yesterday the Buzzards had their own little “Sorkinese” comedy of walking banter on this week’s visit of the Pope to National’s Stadium. Just a little good natured irreverence but no lightening strikes. I guess the “Big Guy” has more important things to worry about…like polygamy in San Angelo,Texas; Mugabe in Zimbabwe, and of course this fiasco about the Harry Potter Lexicon…we were probably flying under the radar.

The weather is going to be great all week. There were even hints of a Friday BBQ for the BPUC. More to follow if that pans out.

Let’s have another great turnout today!

1 comment:

  1. Bump & Run... Is that what you and Rodney are calling it? I still feel violated after you grabbed me from behind yesterday... If I'm not out today, I'm meeting with my counselor.

    ReplyDelete