Thursday, April 23, 2009

Off Balance

“Don’t worry, I’m not a girl” I heard as I opened my locker to change for today’s game. Having been given a heads up that Thunder was taking part in “Bring your child to work” day, I had a heads up his son was coming and I’d already seen pictures of him so his long locks didn’t even phase me. It was like seeing me when I was 12 or 13 anyway.


Poetry in motion





“I know” I replied to Gradey “I’m not worried”. Then Scott mentioned that there was a Barber Shop right in the building.

“No way” said Thunder-lite “then I’d look like you”. Man you can’t argue with sound reasoning like that, even from a 9-year old.

So off I walked with Thunder and the “Gradey White” out to the field. We found a relatively dry spot, set up the cones and then began to toss it around in the formidable breeze.

"Get up lazy!" Brad laying down on the job again, Bill & Jeff not so impressed.




But the sun was out and it was a great day for some Ultimate. The teams paired off by themselves as they left to warm up. Note to self, don’t let them do that again. Green, though having a distinct height advantage had some other issues and the gold jumped out to an early lead. It probably didn’t help that there was also an extra player on yellow.


By the way, welcome back out JasonC. Great game today with some really great defensive break ups and a catch on the leg.

Todd & Karen fielding the pull.










Matt getting airborne as the disc slips by over his shoulder.




We made some player adjustments and then green seemed to make a big run and we just had some balance issues the rest of the day.

Annette also, good to see you out. Thanks for taking some of the pictures you’ll enjoy up here. And it’s always great when we have 7s and 6s out there. Thanks everyone else who came out…Jeff, JasonK, Paul, Brad, Kevin, Matt, Bob, Todd, Karen, & Conrad. Hope I haven’t forgotten anybody. I’ll put up some of the photos here but for those of you still not up on Facebook, get with the program and come join the BPUC group.

JasonC & Jeff adjust to the disc.




By the way, we didn't to formally wish Sir Phil farewell, it was a pleasure being out on the pitch the last couple of years with you. Safe travels and fair winds, you'll be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment