Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Greetings from Richmond

I’m taking a little time off of work to spread a some holiday cheer. Really too bad since the weather this week has seemed more like spring than December. Great opportunity for some disc flying.

I did have my first winter league game though in the Charlottesville Ultimate Disc Organization. I realized there is a much greater corporate knowledge in this league then I am used to playing with. A little…okay, a lot more emphasis on actually calling fouls. I was called for a foul in the end zone on one play and then was asked if I was “contesting” it. Apparently that would have made a difference of where the disc was put back in play. And I saw traveling called 3 times in our game. Hmmmm, good thing for some of our guys we don’t police that call very closely.

There were a lot of plays run from stacks, and there were not a lot of opportunities to slack off on defense without just getting beat silly and having the disdainful looks of all your teammates who have shelled out their hard earned money to play.

I did get a cool long sleeved t-shirt and made a couple decent throws and catches but alas, my Dark Grey team fell to the Navy Blue team after a close halftime score of 8-6. We wound up losing 17-9. Thought you might enjoy some shots of the “Chief Buzzard” in action…




Bill sporting the new Winter League T and tights?


Running hard to make a play on D in the end zone.







Bill & Brian close down a play on D - check out the concentration.



Wow! Look at that vertical leap...Look out Todd & Phil!







And he's playing some D?






A little too much in this case, as I was called for a foul.





No comments:

Post a Comment