Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Return of the Chief

Well, the return after a week off was not as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks in part to everybody who showed up for the game today 5 on 5 is a nice way to get back into things. The weather was perfect, about 75 degrees, a little breezy and sunny.

There were some interesting spills on the ground today. I glanced up the field once to see Conrad had fallen down in the end zone, seemingly untouched. Kelly ran right into the back of Travis going for the disc and then somehow got Travis to call a foul on himself (how does that work Kelly?). I also managed to get myself steamrolled by Tom with some sneaky quick positioning right before a scoring throw.

In the showers after the game I heard the comment “Hey, it almost looked like we were doing out there a couple times today”. Though it may have been accidental, I would have to agree. There were several good short passing scoring drives with give and go passing.

I’m still amazed somebody can throw that hammer throw where they actually want it. Today, Todd dropped a beauty into the waiting arms of Rodney for a score.

Great run today everybody! Thanks to everybody who called and organized games last week in my absence. I heard there were some good ones and memorable moments like getting a dozen people to show up for a game that nobody actually brought any gear to.

No comments:

Post a Comment