Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Innovative colors, catching & comments

Yesterday marked the return of a couple players safe, and either released under their own recognizance, or amazingly, out of New Orleans and out of trouble.

We had a nice game of 11 today. Phil just thought he was running faster than all his defenders until he realized his team actually had the extra player most of the game.

Today was also the unveiling of the new pinnies. So, our new team colors (by virtue of what was in stock from the vendor) are green & gold… "Mallard", coincidentally or not, remarked that they were the colors of the Ducks (of University of Oregon fame). I have some fond memories of a few weekends spent in the hippie time warp that is Eugene, which, by the way is a great Ultimate setting, but really the color selection was more accidental. The company was out of the blue.

So from Mallards to Ducks to Buzzards…it’s all Avian to me. All I know is that I didn’t throw it to the wrong player at all yesterday which is more than I can say for Todd who must have thought he’d thrown it to the wrong team every time I dropped one which by the way included a great long throw to the back of the end zone which I’d actually managed to run under and then drop while taking a peak to see if I was going to still be in. To his credit (like a great outside shooter), Todd kept with it and I was able to finally catch one for the final score of the game.

Speaking of ducks…today’s weather early looks like a fine Coast Guard day…wet and windy. As of this posting, 2 of you have already confirmed your attendance for the game today.

There was much discussion on the walk back in yesterday of a team cook out one day. If any of you are interested in this, email me with your ideas of when, where, what (the “tube burger” thing didn’t sound exactly appetizing by the way).

1 comment:

  1. T'was a tube of Sirloin Hamburgers from BJ's (which incidentally could also be taken out of context)

    ReplyDelete