Thursday, May 22, 2008

Laws of Physics...lab demonstrations.

Submitted by Bill

v = 0m/s was never so evident as yesterday as the 4-man green team was humbled to the point of wondering whether we should ever come back out again. The dead Sir Isaac Newton could not have played much worse. I badly needed an unbalanced force to act upon my object (re:arse and everything connected to it) at rest.

Okay, first things first. I did put 3 very good players on the short team yesterday. Bryan, Eric & Bob are a formidable trio regardless of who they were playing. The fact that they were playing team Stonehenge yesterday though made them look like the Ultimate National Champions and their Frisbee catching dogs.

After giving up the first 8 points of yesterday’s match (at least…it could have been more), the Pet Rocks finally scored. And so then our goal was to go score for score with them for a while which I think we managed to do for 3 or 4 scores each. So then we got really ambitious and decided to try and score 2 in a row. This was the team with the extra player mind you!

At one point Thunder got the disc and pivoted to throw and found Conrad 5 yards in front to the right with Bob all over him and then Phil & I both behind him asking for the disc. “I think the object is actually to move forward guys”, Scott reminded us.

Is it just me or is marking Eric like being at the table in a World Series of Poker tournament? Those shades of his make reading his eyes a bit difficult. So, I’ve resorted to just heavily cheating on his awesome flick side and try to make him throw the forehand which he tends to do over my head. Putting Swinny with two capable handlers seems almost criminal. I’ve got to stop handicapping my teams with my lack of run…or I could start running I guess. Of course the one good spring I did have yesterday resulted in Phil sailing the throw way over my head and out of bounds. Not that I deserved a good pass anyway after dropping one right to my hands earlier and letting frustration settle in, subsequently spiking the dropped pass and warping the disc. My apologizes to the other participating Buzzards on a really crappy show of “SOTG”.

I’m looking at the responses for today’s game and already plotting whose team I can sabotage today. The good news is that we already have 10, which means at least 4 throwing options when you get the disc and hopefully one or two of those will make it downfield a bit. I promise to exert a little more effort and perhaps become the “object in motion”.

I have the first nominations for MOB and SOTG for May, thanks for the interest.

Today is probably the last game of the week what with the 4-hour early libo tomorrow. Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. Get out and throw a disc around somewhere this weekend, take some pictures of Buzzards at play and submit them for publication on this irreverent rant.

Move!

No comments:

Post a Comment