Monday, May 19, 2008

Quacking from Mallard

Submitted by Lindsay

Yes, I do remain on the list for nostaligia, but also in hopes that the day will come again when I have the opportunity to show the fng's (specifically Phil) how the game is played. (Bill's editorial comments...This shows how long Lindsay has been gone that he would still consider Phil an "fng". I really can't explain these unique feelings between these two.)

In answer though to your historical question, I started playing in the spring of 2002, and played almost everyday until the winter of 2003, which is when I blew out my knee on the field. This was during the BPUFC period, which would have been more accurately referred to as the Buzzards Point Ultimate Fighing Club. We prided ourselves on having three rules: 1) try not to run with the disc, 2) try to score; and 3) there are no rules. Seriously. During the time that I played I witnessed one blown knee, three broken finger, a broken nose, two broken ribs, innumberable black eyes, and bruises that covered entire body parts. Jamming and shoving was an integral part of the game. Girls like Phil probably would not have done well in that game. Instead of end zones we played with street hockey nets and a goalie. The goalie typically wore safety glasses and padded gloves. Water breaks were not permitted.

It's a better game now, except when Phil plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment