Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Buzzard Banter

Actual Buzzard email chain:

There are some days when the email dialogue about the game or about Ultimate and other Buzzards is the most entertaining thing that could be put in this blog…

In that vain, I offer you the following from this morning’s discussion.

Bill: “Got another request to move the game time again today. Would 1145 or 1200 work as well for everybody who has already responded?”

Todd: “I’m in.”

Rodney: “Are you actually playing today?”

Todd: “It depends on whether my new office chief, who's in for the week, feels the need to learn exactly what it is I do as I'm packing up my gym bag. I opted against my first impression being, "Sorry, I'm kinda busy right now. Why don't you go ahead and come back later."

Thunder: “Your response should have been to drag the new office chief out to the playing field. Once he's addicted, it's only a matter of time before the whole office if out there.”

Guillermo: “Yea, I agree. You should have said ‘You want to learn exactly what I do? Come learn the finer points of discreetly inhibiting your opponents' verticality and how to get the most distance on the "rolling pull" ‘.

Rodney: “Isn't making excuses against new guy rule #2?

Bill: “Amendment to the "no excuse" rule. You're not allowed to spout that rule if you've asked him why he wasn't there! The rule is in place to keep people from offering excuses for not coming out in the first place...if you don’t want to know don't ask old man.”


Thunder: “Let's see, the rules of Buzzard's Point Ultimate Club:

1st RULE: You do talk about ULTIMATE.
2nd RULE: You DO talk about ULTIMATE.
3rd RULE: If enough players are available, there will be "game on".
4th RULE: Only one defender on the marker.
5th RULE: One disc at a time.
6th RULE: Must wear a penny, must wear shoes.
7th RULE: Game will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first game of ULTIMATE, you HAVE to pull.

I guess we could add the "no excuses" rule.

Bill: “In the "new guy" chronology of players...who in the world gave Thunder sanctioning authority? You're a relative babe to this game there big guy. Else you would know that pinnies and shoes are always optional and that the defender is the marker”.

Thunder: “I humbly beseech your forgiveness, O master of the pitch, the blog, and the hammer.”

Todd, reconsidering his first response: “"Sir, I'd love to go through the ins and outs of our strategic plan right now, but I think my contribution to the Coast Guard would be much better summarized by my dropping a 30-yard hammer throw to you in the end zone. Suit up."

Tom: “As an office chief, I can see where that "can do" attitude would be positively reflected in your next performance appraisal, young man; assuming the hammer throw was successful, that is.”

Rodney: “That quite the title you have there Tom on your auto signature!”

Tom: “I’m a Renaissance Man”.

Phil: “I'm in for whenever, and I really mean that. (sorry if that had already been said, I'm just getting going this morning.)

Rodney: “Freaking Phil, a day late and dollar short!”

No comments:

Post a Comment